This is a sedimentary rock which is found in the earth’s ecosystem. Its primary characteristic is a chemical compound called calcium carbonate (CaCO3). It is a calcite and is known as a type of mineral. It also contains feldspar, siderite, quartz, clay minerals and pyerite. When we mention limestone the first thing comes to mind is construction. There are so many types of this natural stone available in India and are characterized by the rock formation. So we have chalk, travertine, lithographic limestone, tufa and coquina. This natural stone is also made from some fragments of marine organisms like molluscs, coral and foraminifera. Did you know that the famous Giza Pyramids of Egypt are made from limestone?
Origin: XXX Andhra Pradesh
Quarry: Tandur, Mariana or Shahbad
Available in shade of Greys, yellow, green, black, pink and brown and different textures
- Durable and does not undergo wear and tear easily.
- It offers a very traditional ambience to a property or particular area.
- Comfortable to walk on as the surface is very natural cleft or non slippery.
- Cost-effective materials used in the realty sector.
- Versatile, easy to maintain and comes in various tilesizes.
- Provides a rustic and timeless appeal.
- Safe to use and is not much prone to damage with rough usage.
- Many floor patterns like antique, French, herringbone and spiral patterns can be created for design in any space.
We provide limestone slabs with various finishes and edges. They are machine cut or hand cut and tumbled to give the desired customized appearance.
- Floor tiles
- Window sills
- Stair treads
- Clay content is used to make cement